We are looking for a proactive Revenue Assurance Manager to join our Finance Recordings team. The successful candidate will support our Recordings Finance and Royalties teams in our worldwide hub, which is based in London.
The ideal candidate must be highly organised; used to dealing with a high volume of information and data manipulation. They should ensure that research and analysis is robust with high quality considered conclusions, which will be presented to senior management.
You will also be a highly committed team player, keen to be part of the world’s fastest growing music company, BMG.
- Provide revenue assurance for BMG’s frontline and catalogue recordings businesses
- Analyse information received from BMG’s key distribution and licence partners, to ensure completeness and accuracy of accounting
- Perform analysis of market activity to create an expectation of future revenues from key partners
- Respond to income tracking queries from in-house Recordings (marketing) teams, Affiliates, Artists, Managers & Collection Societies, including (but not limited to):
- unlicensed products
- identifying missing income sources
- chasing UK & foreign monies
- requesting back claims/adjustments
- dispute resolution
- releasing suspense income
- Maintain License income tracking report
- Track recently integrated catalogues, by analysing prior income and sources
- Perform streaming analysis across key DSPs
- Establish and maintain a monthly comprehensive analysis of the BMG UK catalogue income status to ensure all activity is being tracked and income is flowing as expected based on IRR estimates, sales figures, airplay etc.
- Track VIP Deals/Artists
- Liaise with Royalty teams to identify changes and adjustments to artist royalties
- Act as the primary contact for UK financial sales data, supporting all Affiliate tracking exercises and global investment teams
- You have at least two years recorded music experience
- Very strong analytical mind-set and data manipulation skills
- Advanced Excel knowledge and skills
- Able to question and challenge assumptions
- Keen eye for detail
- Able to use own initiative
- Able to present financial information to non-finance colleagues
- Strong passion for music and the music industry
BMG is a new kind of music company. Our mission is clear; to help artists and songwriters make the very most of their songs and recordings in the digital age.
That’s why we offer the best creative support, provide the best access to platforms and work hard to maximize the value of each and every copyright, ensuring all our artists receive all payments promptly and accurately.
We are not a technology company – though we use the best technology. We are not just a music publisher or a record label – although we offer both services.
BMG is a company with service, transparency and fairness at its heart and a commitment to being the best international music company for songwriters, artists and everyone who works with us.
BMG The New Music Company.
If you’re excited by this opportunity and can demonstrate the required skills then please apply to this role by emailing email@example.com with your CV and a covering email.
Closing Date: 21 July 2017