This is an exciting time to join ROAR Music as a Senior Artist Manager as the company is developing and expanding fast. Your role will encompass:
- Overall guidance, direction and development of artist careers in A&R, Marketing and Live.
- Identifying and securing creative, commercial and cross-over opportunities for the artists in line with their aspirations.
- Development and maintenance of positive and creative relationships with key people in the music industry.
- Signing and developing new artists.
- To work with a diverse roster of artists of any genre of music where the opportunity exists. ROAR’s past and present clients have collectively won 16 MOBO Awards – the most ever from one management company with a roster currently including the contract with Simon Cowell’s Syco to represent The X Factor and Britain’s Got Talent finalists.
- The development of your own career in the ROAR Group’s fast pace eclectic business. We are not committed to a hierarchical structure, allowing you to be rewarded for commercial success on merit. Through the synergies of ROAR Music, Broadcast, Acting, Comedy and IP, you will be in a position to work across complementary entertainment industry sectors in creating opportunities for your clients’ and your own career.
Responsibilities and skillset
- Daily communication with the artists and understanding of their needs and desires, with empathy and sensitivity to their artistic vision and personal requirements.
- Making sure the artists’ best interests are represented at all times.
- Compile, filter and prioritise all requests and relay them to the artist in a clear and straightforward manner.
- Regular communication and meetings with and all those involved in the artist’s career – including record label, agents and all 3rd parties.
- Diary and logistic co-ordination.
- Contract negotiation and overseeing budgets, royalty statements and invoicing.
- Responsive to calls / emails beyond office hours including weekends and evenings when necessary.
- Traveling with the artist to key promo bookings and live events.
- Ability to travel abroad, sometimes at short notice.
- Strong understanding of millennials, social media and digital media and keeping an overview of the artist’s social media presence and fan interaction.
- Oversee and develop merchandise.
- An outlook which is enthusiastic, committed, considerate, tolerant, attentive and calm.
- Minimum of seven years relevant executive experience in the Music Industry.
- Can demonstrate a proven track record of real achievement and exceptional references.
- Previous experience of working with successful artists.
- Exceptional people skills, including the patience, diplomacy and inspiration to manage challenging clients and meet their expectations.
Current ROAR Music (Group) clients include:
- 5 After Midnight
- Louisa Johnson
- Matt Terry
- Pixie Lott
- Simon Webbe
- Clara Amfo – Radio 1 and Glastonbury
- Rickie & Melvin – Kiss FM
- Emma Bunton – Heart FM
- Mark Wright – Heart FM
- Nick Snaith – Magic FM
- Kate Garraway – Smooth FM
- Myleene Klass – Classic FM
(Our Chairman Professor Jonathan Shalit OBE also worked with the late Sir George ‘Beatles’ Martin to record Cher, Sting, Sir Elton John, Phil Collins and Carly Simon. Also winning 16 MOBO Awards with N-Dubz, Big Brovaz, Jamelia and Terry Walker.)
The ROAR Group is the pre-eminent independent talent management company in the UK working across all genres of entertainment including branding and IP. Music is our first love but our footprint is so much wider with clients who have won BAFTAs, Olivier, Tony and Grammy Awards.
Clients of the greater ROAR Group currently include Arlene Phillips, Clara Amfo, Denise Van Outen, Emma Bunton, James DeGale, Jeremy Kyle, Dame Joan Collins, Judge Rinder, Micky Flanagan (biggest selling live comedian in the UK) Kate Garraway, Kelly Brook, Kimberley Walsh, Lorraine Kelly, Louise Redknapp, Mark Wright, Myleene Klass, Nicola Adams (Double Gold Boxing Olympian), Rickie & Melvin, Rita Simons, Samantha Womack, Sarah-Jane Crawford, Vinnie Jones, Paul Zerdin (2015 winner of America’s Got Talent) and The X Factor and Britain’s Got Talent un-managed Finalists.