We are looking for a Senior Finance Manager to support BMG’s Recording Finance business within its worldwide hub based in London. The role is responsible for reporting and control of revenues and costs based in the UK, covering BMG’s Worldwide Hub Recordings distribution and licensing activity.The ideal candidate will be highly organised and used to dealing with both detailed general ledger bookings and producing financial reports and commentary which will be presented to senior management
- Supporting the Frontline and Catalogue business by providing an overview of worldwide revenues and costs flowing through the Recordings Hub based in the UK.
- Support the expanding volume of data flowing through the Hub, including working together with VP International Recordings Finance to ensure smooth incorporation of new partner accounts and other expanded services.
- Performing and distributing intercompany matrices for major income sources.
- Performing and distributing intercompany matrix recharges for major cost sources.
- Managing the performance and development of an Assistant Accountant – Recordings Hub role
- Preparing and performing detailed journal bookings for hub matrices in SAP.
- Reconciliation of balance sheet accounts relating to hub matrices.
- Providing summary reports and commentary based on monthly matrix outputs.
- Being first point of contact dealing with requests and queries from other BMG territories relating to hub activity.
- Addressing Accounting and Reporting queries from local Recordings team and other international Affiliates
- Working to streamline existing Hub processes and systems.
- Supporting central stock management and financial control of global manufacturing agreement
- Financial Control of global Recordings licensing team activity
- Previous experience of reporting and spreadsheet modelling
- Friendly and amenable, with the ability to work with people across all areas of the business
- High degree of attention to detail
- Advanced Excel knowledge and ability to deal with high volumes of data
- Must have ACA/ACCA or equivalent qualification
- Knowledge of database structures
- SAP experience is desirable
- Audit background an advantage
- Passion for music, of course!
Now, what’s in it for you?
- A fair and transparent business model and company structure
- Artist showcases – to listen to all the awesome stuff we are producing every day
- 25 days annual leave plus 3 days between Christmas & New Year
- Subsidised gym membership
- Private Health Insurance
- Competitive pension scheme
- Annual gig allowance
- Cycle to work scheme
- Season Ticket Loan
- Excellent development opportunities
- A fun and sociable office environment
What you should know about us.
BMG is a new kind of music company. Our mission is clear; to help artists and songwriters make the very most of their songs and recordings in the digital age.
That’s why we offer the best creative support, provide the best access to platforms and work hard to maximize the value of each and every copyright, ensuring all our artists receive all payments promptly and accurately.
We are not a technology company – though we use the best technology. We are not just a music publisher or a record label – although we offer both services.
BMG is a company with service, transparency and fairness at its heart and a commitment to being the best international music company for songwriters, artists and everyone who works with us.
We are a division of the Bertelsmann Group which includes Penguin Random House, RTL Group and Arvato.
Here at BMG we are committed to equal employment opportunity and so all applicants will receive equal treatment regardless of age, disability, gender reassignment, marital or civil partner status, pregnancy or maternity, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation. If you require any reasonable accommodation or adjustments due to a disability for any part of the application process, please send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org and let us know the nature of the request.
We are happy to discuss the possibility of reduced hours, remote working, flexible start and finish times, or compressed hours. We can’t always accommodate every request, but we do promise not to judge you for asking.
It is really important to us that our staff are paid fairly and proportionately so as such we are proud to be an accredited London Living Wage employer.