We are seeking a Senior Investments Account Manager with strong numerical skills to join our market-leading administrative team. Previous experience in music copyright, administration and account management is required.
This is an office-based, administrative role that will require a detail-oriented, confident and flexible team player with very strong written and verbal communication skills. It will suit someone seeking to work in an ambitious and successful organization. Candidates must be expert in Excel and comfortable communicating with high profile clients and their representatives. Knowledge of foreign collection societies and music publishing on a global scale would be advantageous, as would a background in Finance or Accounting.
The primary roles of the client service team are to transition new clients into the Kobalt system and manage existing client accounts by serving as the administrative point person (internally and externally) for any related queries. This role involves the account management and distribution preparation for Kobalt Capital, Kobalt’s subsidiary investment advisor of two music royalty funds owned by institutional and private investors.
Kobalt is the leading technology-powered music services company, offering end-to-end solutions for over 50,000 artists and songwriters and 800 labels and publishing companies. Through Kobalt technology and services, creators benefit from more money, better reporting, and maintain ownership and control over how their work is distributed, tracked, collected, and monetized. With the award-winning Kobalt desktop portal and app, Kobalt clients get real-time insight into their work and activity.
WHAT DOES A SENIOR INVESTMENTS ACCOUNT MANAGER AT KOBALT DO?
- Act as the primary administrative point of contact for questions relating to Kobalt Capital Ltd
- Coordinate with Kobalt’s Finance and Tech Departments to deliver quarterly account statements to Kobalt Capital
- Act as primary point of contact for questions around Kobalt’s accounting to Kobalt Capital and any investigations involving Kobalt Capital investments and deal performance against revenue forecasts
- Maintain relationships with representatives and principals of Kobalt Capital
- Coordinate investigations into the above issues with the relevant members of Kobalt’s global staff
WHAT SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE ARE WE LOOKING FOR?
- Experience in music publishing or with a performing rights society, ideally in a Royalty/Finance Accounting capacity working with high-profile clients with a track-record of providing excellent customer service
- Strong proficiency in all Microsoft Office programs
- Highly numerate with expert Microsoft Excel skills as well as SQL
- Ability to work accurately and effectively under pressure as well as prioritize to strict deadlines
- Possess high analytical skills, ability to see patterns, be a fast thinker & good decision maker
- Strong verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills as well as sensitivity to confidential information and material
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to build relationships throughout the organization and with external 3rd parties
2018 Financial Times Boldness in Business – Drivers of Change Nominee
2018 Fast Company’s Most Innovative Companies in Music
2017 Fast Company’s Most Innovative Companies in Music
2017 Music Week Publisher of the Year
Check out our blog:
- Based at River Building, Cannon Street, London EC4R 3TE
- Hours are 37.5 hours per week. Generally, these are taken between 9.30-6 with 1 hour for lunch but amendments to these hours can be agreed on a case by case basis with line manager approval
Applicants must be eligible to work in the United Kingdom. Verification checks will be conducted during the interview process and a full DBS check on acceptance of offer. Kobalt is an equal opportunity employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, gender, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, or any other status or characteristic protected by law.
KOBALT MUSIC GROUP BENEFITS FROM DAY ONE
ANNUAL LEAVE | Contractually 25 days, however Kobalt closes its offices for the 3 days between Christmas and New Year’s when staff contribute 1 day.
LIFE ASSURANCE | Equal to four (4) times base salary.
INCOME PROTECTION | Covers up to 75% of base salary up to the age of 65.
PENSION | Kobalt comply with auto-enrolment legislation, and currently contribute 2% of qualifying earnings if eligible staff stay in the pension scheme, currently with Aviva.
TRAVEL INSURANCE | Business travel insurance cover.
GYM MEMBERSHIP | Corporate rates available at Nuffield Health and Fitness First. Kobalt will subsidise £45.00 gross per month towards your corporate gym membership if your membership is processed through company payroll.
LEARNING AND DEVELOPMENT | As part of your ongoing learning and development you will have access to a range of tools and courses appropriate to your role and career goals. These include, but are not limited to Udemy for Business and Bookboon E-library.
EYECARE | Full eye test provided at a range of opticians through a voucher scheme.
WELLBEING | Wellbeing Hub and Employee Assistance Programme.
FRESH FRUIT, SELECTION OF SNACKS AND CEREAL SUPPLIED
REGULAR STAFF SOCIALS | Including seasonal social events and parties.
POST PROBATIONARY PERIOD BENEFITS
PRIVATE MEDICAL INSURANCE | Policy is with the AVIVA ‘select’ scheme, with the ability to upgrade to a partner or family membership.
TRAVEL INSURANCE | Personal travel insurance, individual or family cover.
INTEREST FREE SEASON TICKET LOAN SCHEME (eligible after 1 month of service) | Loans deducted from net pay over a 12-month period.
CYCLE TO WORK SCHEME | In partnership with Evans Cycles