Your Mission at BMG.
BMG UK are on the lookout for an experienced candidate to join the Royalties, Income Tracking & Audit team as Senior Manager - Royalties Recordings. This exciting opportunity will be responsible for providing support to the Director in all aspects of managing the Recordings Royalty function across both frontline & catalogue artists and labels.
- Maintain contract details such as changes to contract terms and royalty rates
- Link artist contracts to new releases & clear any backlog of catalogue releases held in suspense
- Update the royalty system ‘Record Maestro’ with all required data to ensure the production of accurate royalty statements within the agreed timeframe
- Produce and administer payment schedules with a view to automate the process to SAP
- Collate and manage sales data from license and distribution partners, analysing in Excel and saving in the appropriate format for processing
- Ad Hoc data analysis and royalty accounting as directed
- Oversee the reconciliation of receipt entries with sale statements on Cash Receipts System
- Supervise and develop members of the team, as required
- Manage generic e-mail inboxes and deal with Royaltor liaison and Royalty queries
- Previous experience working within Royalties in the Music Industry
- Excel to an advanced level
- Excellent attention to detail
- Team Player
- Resilient, with the ability to work well under pressure
- Ability to meet tight deadlines
- Passion for music, obviously!
Now, What’s in it for You?
- 25 days annual leave plus 3 days between Christmas & New Year
- Subsidised gym membership
- Private Health Insurance
- Competitive pension scheme
- Annual gig allowance
- Artist showcases
- Cycle to work scheme
- Season Ticket Loan
- Excellent development opportunities
- A fun and sociable office environment
What you should know about us.
BMG is a growing international music company, founded in 2008 with a revolutionary vision for the digital age. Our purpose is to be a better kind of music business. What does that mean? We offer unparalleled creative support, provide the best access to innovative platforms and work hard to maximise the value of each and every copyright; empowering all of our artists and songwriters to achieve their greatest potential. A little bit more of how it should be (we like to think).
BMG is a company with service, transparency and fairness at its heart and a commitment to being the best music company for songwriters, artists and everyone who works with us.
We are a division of the Bertelsmann Group which includes Penguin Random House, RTL Group and Arvato.
Head to our Linkedin, Instagram and twitter channels to get a snippet into what It’s like to work at BMG UK!
Sound like music to your ears?
Then click ‘Apply now’ and send us your application and all the reasons as to why you are the right person for this role - the challenge is on! Let’s create a future together.
Here at BMG, we don’t just encourage diversity – we celebrate it, support it and wholeheartedly promote it and its benefits to our employee’s and company alike. We are committed to equal employment opportunity and so all applicants will receive equal treatment regardless of age, disability, gender reassignment, marital or civil partner status, pregnancy or maternity, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation. If you require any reasonable accommodation or adjustments due to a disability for any part of the application process, please send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org and let us know the nature of the request.
It is really important to us that our staff are paid fairly and proportionately so as such we are proud to be an accredited London Living Wage employer.