Established in 2007, Downtown Music Publishing is one of the world's leading rights-management firms with offices in major music markets around the globe, including New York, Nashville, Los Angeles, London, Amsterdam, Tokyo, Paris, and Sydney. The company's catalog spans over a hundred years of popular music, encompassing some of the world's most beloved songwriters and artists including The Beatles, John Lennon & Yoko Ono, Ryan Tedder, Benny Blanco, Hans Zimmer, The Kinks, One Direction, Mötley Crüe, Robin Thicke, Naughty Boy, Phish, Hardwell, Jason Isbell, Sturgill Simpson and Santigold.. Downtown Music Publishing is wholly owned by Downtown & Company, which also owns New York-based Downtown Music Studios and Songtrust, the world’s largest technology platform for songwriting and music publishing royalties, which powers global royalty collection from over 120 territories and more than 20,000 unique income sources worldwide.
Downtown is seeking a Senior Manager, Sync Licensing to join our team in the London office. This position will report directly to our Executive Vice President.
What will you do:
- Oversee promotion of the Downtown Music Publishing catalog to UK-based music licensors covering all media types (Advertising, Film, Trailers, Games, etc)
- Work with the UK and Global team to create marketing materials specific to the UK market
- Represent Downtown Music Publishing's Global Sync Team in meetings, on panels and in print when appropriate
- Build and manage relationships with music supervisors and music buyers through written and in-person follow-up, as well as at networking events, live music events, dinners, etc.
- Identify revenue growth areas within the UK Sync landscape
What skills do you have:
- Minimum four years experience in Sync Licensing
- Existing contact list of UK based Sync clients
- Ability to create and manage relationships
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team
- A strong passion for music with a very broad taste and knowledge
- Understanding of UK advertising and film markets
Why do you want to work here:
- The chance to work in our amazing office in Covent Gardens
- Ample opportunities to work collaboratively with a fantastic team
- Rich benefit program
- Career growth opportunities
- Cycle to work scheme and Season Ticket Loans
- Invitations from partners and clients to attend shows / events
Ensuring a diverse and inclusive workplace where we learn from each other is core to Downtown's values. We welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives and encourage all to apply.