Music is Universal
It’s the passionate and dedicated team at Universal Music who help make us the world’s leading music company. From A&R to finance, legal to digital, sales to marketing, Universal Music is the place to grow and develop your career within a truly commercial and innovative business that leads in everything it does.
Everyone is welcome to apply for our roles, and we are determined to ensure that no applicant or employee receives less favourable treatment because of gender, race, disability, sexual orientation, religion, belief, age, marital status, background, pregnancy or caring responsibilities. We also recognise the importance of diversity of thought within our teams and are fully committed to embracing the talents of people with autism, dyslexia, ADHD and other forms of neurocognitive variation.
We will always seek to make appropriate adjustments to recruitment, workplaces, and work processes to be fully inclusive to people with different needs and working styles. If you need us to make any reasonable adjustments for you from application onwards, including alternatives to the online form or to disclose a neurocognitive condition, please email Helen@umusic.com
The A Side: A Day in The Life
Reporting to the VP, Global Priorities, the Senior Marketing Manager is responsible for managing the execution and reporting of projects on UMG’s Global artist program in addition to the International marketing and promotion of UMG’s licensed Partner Labels’ artists and projects.
The B Side: Skills & Experience
UMG Global Artist Program
- Management of assigned artist projects and tracks under the UMG Global artist program, working together with the VP, Global Priorities
- Working closely with repertoire owners and communicating key marketing information and targets to International markets
- Identifying project’s strengths and weaknesses and communicating to senior management and stakeholders.
- Calling for International marketing plans and closely monitoring data and performance of assigned tracks and projects.
- Managing the International marketing and promotional campaigns for artists signed to our US partner labels.
- Breaking new acts into international markets, coordinating promotional schedules and travelling to territories to support activities where required.
- Managing budgets and ensuring they are adhered to on all marketing campaigns.
- Initiating and planning central social advertising campaigns.
- Managing the relationship with partner labels through regular communication and reporting.
- Forging strong working relationships with artists, artist management, marketing colleagues and territories across the Universal business.
- Working closely with the supply chain team for planning and scheduling of physical and digital product Internationally.
- Leading other members of the team and reporting through to line manager on the progress of campaigns and the status of artists signed to Universal Music’s partners.
- Experience at a Senior Marketing Manager level within a music / entertainment / digital content business, with a track record of marketing priority releases
- Ability to operate in an International environment with an awareness of cultural sensitivities
- Proven inquisitive and tenacious nature, ability to find the latest, most effective techniques to embellish and strategically enhance projects
- Experience analysing, interpreting and acting upon all the relevant data and insight around an artist’s digital and streaming performance
- Sustained ability of developing innovative, organised, creative and commercially successful marketing strategies
- Highly creative & innovative thinker. Proven experience of identifying and developing positive strategic opportunities, suggesting alternative approaches and coming up with new ideas
- Established relationship-building and management skills with the ability to deal with creative individuals with tact and diplomacy. Persuasive and influential when engaging with internal and external stakeholders.
- Successful experience in negotiating with high profile characters (artists, artist management, internal stakeholders and senior management)
- A love of music
- Strong and proven communication skills
- Resilient & tenacious
- Fast thinking, hard working
- Results driven
- Cultural curiosity and willingness to travel Internationally
Bonus Tracks: Your Benefits
- Group Personal Pension Scheme (between 3% and 9%)
- Private Medical Insurance
- 25 paid days of annual leave
- Interest Free Season Ticket Loan
- Holiday Purchase scheme
- Dental and Travel Insurance options
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Salary Sacrifice Cars
- Subsidised Gym Membership
- Employee Discounts (Reward Gateway)
Just So You Know…
The company presents this job description as a guide to the major areas and duties for which the jobholder is accountable. However, the business operates in an environment that demands change and thejobholder's specific responsibilities and activities will vary and develop. Therefore, the job description should be seen as indicative and not as a permanent, definitive and exhaustive statement.