Job title: Senior Regional Account Manager
Responsible to: Head of Sales
Location of work: 4 Pancras Square, Kings Cross
Music is Universal
Everyone is welcome to apply for our roles, and we are determined to ensure that no applicant or employee receives less favourable treatment because of gender, race, disability, sexual orientation, religion, belief, age, marital status, background, pregnancy or caring responsibilities. We also recognise the importance of diversity of thought within our teams and are fully committed to embracing the talents of people with autism, dyslexia, ADHD and other forms of neurocognitive variation.
We will always seek to make appropriate adjustments to recruitment, workplaces and work processes to be fully inclusive to people with different needs and working styles. If you need us to make any reasonable adjustments for you from application onwards, please email email@example.com
The A Side: A Day in The Life
Universal Production Music is Part of The Universal Music Publishing Group a leading global music publishing company, home to the greatest artist, songwriters and song catalogues. Universal Production Music has a heritage that has developed over decades into a diverse and comprehensive catalogue of unparalleled depth and breadth. Its ambition is to maintain its position and an industry leader.
Your role, as Senior Regional Account Manager is to develop, nurture and maintain relationships with our key clients, in London and through the UK, to develop new business and to support your line manager the Head of Sales in these endeavours.
The B Side: Skills & Experience
- Developing a regular targeted call and meeting cycle including regional travel as appropriate
- Maintaining your client accounts within our database.
- Efficiently following up on all tasks resulting from your client meetings.
- The timely provision of accurate music searches for client music briefs either directly or via the music supervision team.
- Providing weekly progress reports on client feedback including releases, usage, music trends, new projects, relevant events and new contacts.
- Proactively promoting our wide range of services and apps to clients
- Actively seeking out new business opportunities
- Creatively looking for ways to add value to our offer to clients in a very competitive landscape
- Assisting in planning, implementing and driving all aspects of the sales & marketing strategy.
- Building relationships with key clients via face to face meetings
- Advising clients on licensing and rates.
- Offering efficient technical support for clients with any queries related to our website, hard drive or other tools.
- Attending client events/trade shows/industry events as required and representing the company appropriately.
- Working with marketing to ensure that all activations support the wider sales goals, actively contributing ideas and initiatives for client engagement across PR, e-marketing, targeted campaigns, promotions and social media
- The provision of client feedback to the Production Team including pitching, new track & album ideas
- The support the Head of Sales contributing to our commercial goals and to key projects undertaken to develop and grow our business.
- Experience of dealing with our clients including major broadcasters, advertising agencies, independent TV production companies etc. by either having worked in production music, publishing, a record company or related business.
- A strong understanding of production music and film & TV licensing.
- Ability to manage your time and work to tight deadlines.
- A willingness to travel across the UK visiting clients together with colleagues.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Articulate, personable, an eye for detail, organised, numerate, and a self-motivator.
- Team player – measuring success by the whole team’s performance.
- Calm under pressure. A ‘can do’ person, somebody who sees challenges instead of problems.
- Persistent, tenacious and results oriented.
- Comfortable juggling multiple responsibilities.
- Confident communicator, able to be forthright and to disagree or deliver bad news in a way that remains constructive and helpful as opposed to argumentative or aggressive.
- Enjoy dealing with clients and is motivated by the demands of a client-facing position.
- Enjoy taking ownership and accountability.
- Enjoy problem solving is solutions oriented.
- A good sense of humour.
- Strong technical background – knowledge of MAC & PC functionality, audio file types.
- Knowledge of video and audio editing systems
- Interest in digital media
- Interest in new and emerging technologies
- A good eye for design
- An ability to create well-written material
Bonus Tracks: Your Benefits
- Group Personal Pension Scheme (between 3% and 9%)
- Private Medical Insurance
- 25 paid days of annual leave
- Interest Free Season Ticket Loan
- Holiday Purchase scheme
- Dental and Travel Insurance options
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Salary Sacrifice Cars
- Subsidised Gym Membership
- Employee Discounts (Reward Gateway)
Just So You Know…
The company presents this job description as a guide to the major areas and duties for which the jobholder is accountable. However, the business operates in an environment that demands change and the
jobholder's specific responsibilities and activities will vary and develop. Therefore, the job description should be seen as indicative and not as a permanent, definitive and exhaustive statement.