AWAL is looking for an exceptional individual to assist with our royalty and accounting responsibilities within Kobalt label & distribution services, AWAL. Joining a close-knit team and reporting to Senior Manager, Royalties, you are detail-oriented and highly organised, have great interpersonal skills and can cope with a high-pressure/fast-paced environment but remain optimistic & persistent to make things happen.
Kobalt has revolutionized the music publishing business by putting the creator at the centre of everything we do. We are now taking the same approach and are transforming the way record labels and artists manage, develop and optimise their catalogues. Kobalt’s multi-rights platform accounts for billions of daily microtransactions for thousands of catalogue tracks in today’s ever-changing music industry.
Working at Kobalt, you will help empower creators in today’s complex and change the music landscape – ideal for someone with an incredible drive, enthusiasm & of course, a passion for music!
WHAT DOES A SENIOR ROYALTY ASSISTANT AT AWAL DO?
- Ensuring the timely receipt of incoming reporting from our Distribution Partners
- Processing & Reconciling of incoming statements
- Preparing invoices where necessary
- Data input and updating as required
- Investigating royalty identification issues
- Assisting with the generation of royalty accounting to our clients to strict deadlines
- Providing intelligent data analysis using Excel
WHAT SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE ARE WE LOOKING FOR?
- Good understanding of the music industry, with experience in royalty processing
- Record Label and/or Physical Distributor background with an understanding of sales/returns statements & recharge details associated with various distributor accountings
- Ability to work with large volumes of Digital income sales data
- Assist with any ad-hoc projects the team are involved with
- Highly numerate and IT literate with intermediate to advanced Excel skills
- Ability to work to strict monthly processing deadlines
- Highly proactive approach and quick learner
- Excellent communication skills, externally with our Partners and internally through business units we work closely with, such as Tech, Release Management & Business Affairs
2018 Financial Times Boldness in Business – Drivers of Change Nominee
2018 Fast Company’s Most Innovative Companies in Music
2017 Fast Company’s Most Innovative Companies in Music
2017 Music Week Publisher of the Year
Check out our blog:
- Based at River Building, Cannon Street, London EC4R 3TE
- Hours are 37.5 hours per week. Generally, these are taken between 9.30-6 with 1 hour for lunch but amendments to these hours can be agreed on a case by case basis with line manager approval
Applicants must be eligible to work in the United Kingdom. Verification checks will be conducted during the interview process and a full DBS check on acceptance of offer. Kobalt is an equal opportunity employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, gender, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, or any other status or characteristic protected by law.
KOBALT MUSIC GROUP BENEFITS FROM DAY ONE
ANNUAL LEAVE | Contractually 25 days, however Kobalt closes its offices for the 3 days between Christmas and New Year’s when staff contribute 1 day.
LIFE ASSURANCE | Equal to four (4) times base salary.
TRAVEL INSURANCE | Business travel insurance cover.
INCOME PROTECTION | Covers up to 75% of base salary up to the age of 65.
GYM MEMBERSHIP | Corporate rates available at Nuffield Health and Fitness First. Kobalt will subsidise £45.00 gross per month towards your corporate gym membership if your membership is processed through company payroll.
INTEREST FREE SEASON TICKET LOAN SCHEME | Eligible after 1-month continuous service. Loans deducted from net pay over a 12-month period.
LEARNING AND DEVELOPMENT | As part of your ongoing learning and development you will have access to a range of tools and courses appropriate to your role and career goals. These include, but are not limited to; Udemy for Business and Bookboon E-library.
EYECARE | Full eye test provided at a range of opticians through a voucher scheme.
WELLBEING | Wellbeing Hub and Employee Assistance Programme.
FRESH FRUIT AND CEREAL AVAILABLE DAILY
REGULAR STAFF SOCIALS | Including seasonal social events and parties.
POST PROBATIONARY PERIOD BENEFITS
PENSION | Kobalt’s salary exchange pension scheme with Aviva provides the benefit of a company matched pension contribution up to 5%, subject to eligibility.
PRIVATE MEDICAL INSURANCE | Managed through AVIVA.
TRAVEL INSURANCE | Both individual or family cover for personal holiday travel insurance.
CYCLE TO WORK SCHEME | In partnership with Evans Cycles.