Air-Edel Recording Studios is a central London based studio complex, comprising of three recording studios. The studio hosts a wide range of sessions, from film score records and mixes and orchestral pop sessions to spoken word and ADR. The studios are an integral part of the Air-Edel Group.
We are currently looking to hire a Studio Manager, who will ensure the smooth and profitable day to day running of the studios, as well as management of the general building, which also houses an office of ten staff. Although not essential, this role would be ideal for someone with an understanding of the recording process, whether directly in a studio or from other roles in the music industry; or someone who has experience dealing with bookings and scheduling, such as from work in a post-production house or similar facility. This is a varied, administrative job and every day will present a new challenge.
Reporting to: Maggie Rodford, Managing Director
Working closely with: Nick Taylor, Chief Engineer
Location: Central London
Salary: Dependent on experience
Start date: Ideally January
Application closing date: 12th December 2019
- Day to day management of the studios, including taking bookings, scheduling sessions and personnel, hiring equipment, etc;
- Agreeing rates, invoicing, managing income schedules, providing quarterly reports and achieving sales targets;
- First point of contact with clients for all sessions, ensuring their satisfaction and managing all requests as required;
- Working closely with the engineers to ensure maintenance of studios and equipment;
- Actively promote the studio to attract new business and drive revenue;
- Keeping up to date with local area developments;
- Additional job requirements which will present themselves from time to time.
- Overseeing maintenance of all building facilities, including security, fire alarms, air-conditioning, lighting, cleaning services, phone systems, etc;
- Managing general building maintenance and refurbishments with relevant tradespeople; and
- Ensuring the Health and Safety policy and risk assessments are up to date as well as enforcing the company’s Health and Safety policy.
- Highly organised with ability to stay on top of multiple projects and tasks and good time management;
- Confident with numbers and basic accounts;
- Computer literate – knowledge of Microsoft Office suite essential;
- Friendly and patient demeanour;
- Comfortable interacting with clients, recording artists and freelance staff;
- Flexibility regarding working hour requirements.
- Relevant industry experience which has given you an understanding of recording studios or similar facilities;
- Pre-existing relationships and contacts in the music/media industry;
- Technical knowledge of recording studio equipment and software;
- An understanding of networks and IT infrastructure;
- Previous experience working in Health and Safety.