Department store Selfridges is to welcome a series of musical collaborations as part of its new campaign Music Matters At Selfridges.
The retailer will host events and collaborations with musical talent across all its stores in London, Manchester, Birmingham and online during the three-month long campaign from July 20 to October 18, in response to the threats to the future of UK music venues.
Selfridges’ Oxford Street will provide a platform for new music artists, in the Ultralounge, its permanent events space the world’s first in-store live music venue. Skepta and A$AP Rocky will open and close Music Matters at Selfridges with global exclusive fashion-based concepts.
The Ultralounge will host a programme of New Music Nights and artist nights called Selfridges Presents and a donation will be made by Selfridges to the Music Venue Trust for every ticket purchased from those events. Please see below for full lineup.
The full programme was unveiled last night via a special event at Selfridges, which featured an expert panel who discussed the concern of the closure of music venues across the UK, and how its impacts on the music industry. The panel, was hosted by singer songwriter and broadcaster, Cerys Matthews and included guest speakers Nick Mason of Pink Floyd, James Lavelle of UNKLE, Hannah Barry of Bold Tendencies, and Jeff Horton of the 100 Club. Tickets for the Ultralounge’s season of music will be released from today via Selfridges.com/musicmatters.
There will also be a series of other musical happenings taking place in-store, including classical, acoustic and DJ performances, as well as a curated collection of nostalgic music merch, a RYE WAX record store on the menswear floor on Oxford Street. A full list of upcoming events is below:
- 20th July: New Gen: 67, NOT3S, RENZ
- 27th July: ELVØR, CHARLIE CUNNINGHAM
- 3 August: UNKLE
- 10th August: RAYE, MABEL
- 17th August: VESSELS, Ten Fé, BEN PEARCE DJ
- 24th August: SHURA, PIXX
- 31st August: JOE GODDARD, AMA LOU, DJ ED ROSTAND
- 7th September: LAST NIGHT IN PARIS, HARE SQUEAD
- 14th September: ZULI, EL 3ezba
New Music Nights
- 26th July: Tom Walker / Majik / Tayla
- 9th August: Kudu Blue / Croox / Frank Gamble
- 23rd August: Mullally / Joy Crookes / Callum Pitt
- 6th September: Sam Wills, Cameron Bloomfield, MAAD
- 13th September: Yassassin / Nova Twins / Animal Sons