Former X Factor winner Matt Cardle will release new album, The Fire, on October 29 through his new label SO What? Recordings.
The release marks the follow-up to the singer-songwriter’s platinum-selling debut Letters, which was released via Columbia, with which he has now “parted ways”.
Formed in 2010 under the Silva Screen Music Group umbrella, SO Recordings, signed Cardle to its newly formed SO What? imprint on a worldwide basis.
The Fire was written and recorded in London, Toronto and Los Angeles, and features co-writes with Eg White, Steve Booker, James Walsh, and Paul Statham.
Cardle produced the album and plays most of the instruments himself. Lead single It’s Only Love will also be released October 29.
Cardle has sold over 2 million singles and albums combined. Following a sold-out 23-date tour earlier this year, he will embark on a short UK tour culminating in an album launch show at The Scala on October 23.
Silva Screen, an independent Film and Television soundtrack label, launched So Recordings in 2010, and its growing roster includes Joshua Radin, The Duke & The King, Dinosaur Pile Up and The Chevin.
Sun 21st October
Mon 22nd October
Tues 23rd October London The Scala
The Fire tracklisting:
1. It’s Only Love (Matt Cardle / Paul Statham)
2. The Fire (Matt Cardle / Eg White / Jack McManus)
3. For Every Heartbreak (Matt Cardle / Steve Booker)
4. Water (Matt Cardle / Tim Gordine / Andrew Jackson)
5. Anywhere (Matt Cardle / Ben Earle)
6. Anyone Else (Matt Cardle / Jeff Halatrax)
7. Empire (Matt Cardle / Jamie Hartman)
8. All That Matters (Matt Cardle)
9. Lately (Matt Cardle / James Walsh)
10.The First Time Ever I Saw Your Face (Ewan MacColl)