With a focus on entrepreneurship, this programme has been developed to encompass innovative business models for a digital age and provide you with the knowledge and skills in key aspects of the business of music, where the mantra ‘change equals opportunity’ holds true.
The course covers core aspects of the music industry ranging from cultural and historical perspectives, analysis and forecasting, legal frameworks and revenue streams to planning, budgeting, marketing and honing digital media skills across a wide variety of industry scenarios such as artist management, publishing, e-music and live event management.
Throughout the course you will complete a range of projects that will give you the opportunity to explore this dynamic and fast paced sector, providing you with the industry knowledge and experience required by employers and those with an entrepreneurial mindset.
- The principles of communication, brand awareness and promotion
- The legal, revenue and copyright issues pertaining to artist representation
- Essential and transferable problem solving skills
- In small classes
- From industry professionals
- Complete a series of assignments to build your communication, marketing, time management, leadership and organisational skills
- Tutor supported practical sessions to guide you through both the technical and artistic aspects of life in the music industry
- Develop critical analysis skills and become skilled in contract negotiation rules
- In a creative hub collaborating with students from other disciplines
- Graduate with experience and insight into the world of music business
- Become active with arguably the largest network of creative individuals around the globe, the SAE Alumni
- Hit the ground running through our fast track industry focused courses