Students’ Unions aren’t just any membership charity – they’re active, democratic mutuals, using the energy and passion of their student members to deliver improvements to students’ lives. The students’ union’s Assistant Director of Social Enterprise (Venues) will be at the centre of developing and managing the union’s Venues operations, including the operation of the largest music venue in the region, multiple bars and student club nights alongside a unique and renowned venue in Norwich city centre.
If you have experience of managing, supervising and leading complex venues operations, want to work in a student-led environment, and are motivated to coordinate various locations and teams, then we would love to hear from you.
Some of the key duties will involve:
- To develop a long-term vision for the Venues operation in line with the SU’s wider strategic objectives
- To develop annual departmental action plans, including performance milestones
- To set annual budgets for various Venues profit and loss accounts
- To demonstrate detailed understanding of changing trends in the licensed trade, catering, marketing & entertainments sectors
- To take overall responsibility for the programming, diversity and delivery and diversity of events in SU premises
Skills, Knowledge & Experience
Ideally, we'd like you to have:
- Previous experience in a licensed retail led organisation
- Proven success managing medium/large groups of colleagues and budgets
- Experience of managing projects
- High level knowledge of current issues and themes in marketing, media, sales and communications