Sony/ATV is looking for a Digital Marketing Manager maternity cover to start in June 2019. This is a stand alone role so candidates must be comfortable operating in this capacity.
The role will be responsible for externally promoting and exploiting the Sony/ATV roster, both catalogue and current, across digital, content creation, social media marketing, online digital presence and synch digital marketing.
Please include your salary expectation and any notice period in your application.
Responsibilities (by dept.)
- Pro-actively promote the UK songwriter roster across multiple channels, including:
- External digital sales platforms (e.g. Apple Music, Spotify etc)
- Online promotion via social channels (see below for detail).
- Coverage & maintenance of UK presence on WW company website.
- Manage digital front-end presence with platforms such as Google Play, Spotify, Apple Music to creatively manage company pages and playlists, ensuring monetisation of online promotion.
- Pro-actively pitch Sony/ATV songs and writers to key executives, playlist selectors and tastemakers across radio, television and digital partners.
- Pro-actively seek catalogue coverage on social media and online platforms – supporting key anniversaries, major copyrights and new releases/re-issues.
- Manage and develop creative content projects from Sony/ATV UK, highlighting key songs, promoting our writers and our staff. Creative content to be pushed out on our social channels, website and with select online partners.
- Running monthly marketing meetings to ensure all priority new releases and catalogue priorities are on the marketing schedule.
Synch & Media Rights Digital Marketing
- Oversee scheduling, creation, design & sending of weekly synch digital marketing pieces.
- Monthly reporting around synch digital marketing performance.
- Provide individual synch marketing and Salesforce pitch reports for mgmt./writer and/or writer A&R manager. (Reports to assist in maintaining writer relationships, as well as to help in the signing of new deals.)
- Utilise Social Media to target synch clients, strategic catalogue and current song placement, as well as attracting synch client followers and foster these relationships online.
- To promote Media Rights roster across social media platforms and in synch digital marketing playlists. Design, build and oversee sending of quarterly ‘Sound Of The Screen’ newsletters, reporting to key partners (e.g. 20th Century Fox) on email performance.
- Manage and maintain Sony/ATV UK social media content and presence across 5 existing feeds.
- Maintain relationships with existing social networks (e.g. Twitter) and foster relationships with newer channels (e.g. Snapchat).
- Coordinate with management and labels for timely promotional posting.
- Further develop and manage creative output on socials (e.g. Twitter Takeovers) and continue to provide reporting around performance of these internally and to writer mgmt. where applicable.
- Manage company announcements on UK social media feeds and monitor company coverage online.
- Internal PR around UK A&R/Synch/Catalogue activity, preparing and sending internal blasts around key songs and new creative content activity.
- Continue to assist in development of company website from an external marketing perspective. Weekly maintenance of written content, images and playlists on UK pages of company website following launch and to be the A&R point person for the Company website.
- Oversee the preparation of the quarterly company newsletter and distributing to all UK staff by email.
The idea candidate will have
- A digital marketing background
- Exposure to DSPs within the music industry
- A broad and varied appreciation of different genres of music
- Experience of working to multiple competing deadlines
- A positive, can-do attitude
- Publishing experience is desirable but not essential