Based: Great Portland Street, Central London
Reports to: Director of Brand
James Grant Group is a leading global talent management agency, with offices in US and UK - providing career management and professional services to a wide range of elite clients across the Music, Entertainment, Sports and Social sectors.
JG’s roster of A list clients includes chart-topping global and local music acts (such as Gary Barlow, Louis Tomlinson, The Script, James Arthur, Manic Street Preachers, Take That, Travis Barker, etc.), film stars (such as Michael Fassbender, Jamie Dornan, and Lena Headey), elite sports figures and legends (Frank Lampard, Clint Dempsey, Sam Warburton, Dylan Hartley, Tom Daley, etc.), leading Entertainment names (such as Ant & Dec, Holly Willoughby, Davina, Graham Norton, David Walliams, Fearne Cotton, Phillip Schofield), leading Social influencers / YouTubers (such as Oli White, Fleur de Force, Giovanna Fletcher, Nicole Guerrero), as well as best-selling authors and specialists in different fields.
Alongside career representation, James Grant also provides specialist legal, marketing, and accountancy services covering tax, accounts preparation and royalties. Our finance business brokers bespoke funding to create IP, and partner with media rights holders and sporting bodies.
James Grant has offices in Los Angeles, Washington DC, London and Manchester.
Our Vision at JGG:
To become the world’s leading talent management company, managing exceptional individuals in Entertainment Music & Sport, and providing a truly rounded service to help them realise and maximise their professional and commercial potential.
We want people who:
Together and individually can help us to be truly market leading in what we do, drive innovation, and pursue bigger thinking to allow our clients to fulfil their true long term potential.
Reporting to Director of Brands in JGG’s Head office in Great Portland Street, the ‘Head of Music Partnerships’ is responsible for sourcing, brokering and developing strategic partnerships with leading brands, advertisers, licensing companies, retailers and platforms domestically and internationally.
The primary goal being to help our clients materially grow their income, tap into their global audiences, and maximise their commercial potential. The ideal candidate will have extensive business development experience within music & brand marketing with a track record of building successful partnerships within the music space.
- To identify, source, broker and develop commercial partnerships locally and internationally for James Grant Group’s global music roster – spanning tour and live sponsorship, international brand campaigns, endorsements and sponsorships, exclusive gigs for brands and corporate partners, licensing programs, performing in advertising campaigns, etc.
- Create tailored sales presentations to take to market in each area, supported with market research and audience metrics
- Proactively source complimentary long term partnerships proactively for each client, and develop new prospects to build a sustained, multi-million pound pipeline of opportunities
- Own the development, delivery and presentation of proposals for Music clients, effectively packaging partnership opportunities
- Handle inbound briefs and opportunities for each client within the portfolio, negotiating up to the best possible deal, based on client’s long term objectives
- Regularly update wider Music management team on progress, pipeline of prospects, and market feedback
- Work closely with Insight, Digital Strategy, Content and Creative teams to ensure that proposals are supported with audience insight, metrics and case studies, and incorporate video and visuals to maximise the impact of sales presentations and pitch materials
- Research the market proactively to ensure we continue to identify partnership opportunities around our clients, that deliver against the marketing objectives of brands
- Attend activation days once deals are struck, to strengthen relationships with existing brand partners, ensure successful delivery and growth of campaigns, and to upsell new ideas and drive repeat business
- Attend key industry and networking events to deepen relationships with key decision makers at brands and their respective agencies in all relevant business categories
- Utilise central CRM and work closely and collaboratively with colleagues within the wider commercial team to best leverage our wider contacts network, and work together to maximise our collective influence with key decision makers – attending weekly sales meetings, and presenting regularly on new initiatives to improve and evolve our partnerships function for clients
- Develop creative initiatives and new ways of selling to brands and their agencies, developing pitches and assets to deliver this, and sharing with the wider commercial team
Desired Skills & Experience
- Minimum of 5 years in a fast paced commercial sales environment, sourcing commercial opportunities for music artists locally and internationally, with proven track record of reaching sales targets, pitching and securing live/tour sponsorships, music sync campaigns, exclusive gigs for brands and corporate partners, endorsement and licensing campaigns - within a music label, music rights holder or music promoter environment
- Excellent sales and negotiation skills, ability to pitch secure and negotiate deals from conception through to completion with senior decision makers
- Excellent communication/presentation skills, as well as ability to build strong relationships quickly with external contacts, colleagues and clients
- Experience in bringing partnership opportunities and concepts to life through high impact presentations, as well as applying audience insight, case studies, context and research to sales proposals
- Extensive existing network of senior decision maker contacts across brands, advertisers, and agencies
- Highly organised, able to prioritise around areas of focus, develop a work schedule, monitor progress towards goals, and track all prospects using a CRM
- Strong understanding of digital, streaming, mobile and social markets, and their role in various areas within music & entertainment
- Ability to anticipate, understand, and respond to the needs of internal clients and external customers to meet or exceed their expectations
- Willing to travel to develop business internationally
- A team player with a love of music
- Seeking a long term position