Music Concierge, the award-winning music consultancy for boutique hotels, luxury brands, restaurant and bars, is looking for a Music Team Manager to join our small but expanding creative team.
You will be used to managing a team in a music-related environment. A natural leader who knows how to run a team of creatives so that that they are working efficiently, on-brief, and on-schedule.
Alongside your management talent, and your professional and motivated approach, you will also have a good ear for music yourself and be a dab hand at creating playlists that meet a brief. You will have knowledge across a multitude of genres, including jazz, classical, pop, world music, and electronic music. You will also bring with you a bulging industry contacts book and know where to find good music.
- Managing a team of three playlist designers, music team assistant, and audio assistants.
- Managing the recruitment, training and development of new and existing playlist designers in relation to their playlisting skills and music knowledge.
- Oversee the quality control of the music library. Ensuring the team add enough high quality content on a regular basis, and that all tracks are tagged correctly. Identifying which genres requires more content and planning the sourcing of that content. Identifying music tags that need creating or redefining.
- Responding to the Traffic Manager’s updates on the team members progress with their playlisting schedules; identifying how to improve team work rate and motivating the team to deliver high quality music playlists on a consistent basis.
- Problem solving through creative issues as they arise.
- Dealing with amendments requested by clients that are escalated to you.
- Overseeing the creative efficiency of the team and the way we deliver our work. Pinpointing areas where we can improve.
- Recruiting and managing freelancer playlist designers when required within a budget.
- Designing and delivering your own playlist updates which perfectly match the client brief.
- Team management experience, with a proven track record of running efficient teams.
- Strong organisational skills, including the ability to oversee multiple projects at once.
- Natural problem solver.
- A professional, diligent and conscientious approach to your work.
- Natural ear for music and playlist design skills.
- Ability to recommend new and back catalogue tracks from a wide range of genres.
- An understanding of the different types of our hospitality, F&B and retail clients and their changing playlisting requirements across global markets.
- Proven experience of managing creative teams, including overseeing their development and training/
- Proven experience of overseeing the fulfilment and control quality of creative work.
- A minimum of 5 years experience in the music industry, ideally within a music curation environment
- Experience of playlist design
- Educated to degree level
This position is full-time and based at our parent company’s Grade II listed headquarters in Hertfordshire. You’ll be surrounded by beautiful countryside so the ability to drive would be the easiest way of getting to work. We will only accept applicants who live nearby, or in North London.
Salary in the region of £28-31k, dependent on experience.
Please send your CV by email accompanied by a covering letter (with current salary) which demonstrates affinity with Music Concierge and running creative teams, to firstname.lastname@example.org. No phone calls or agencies please.