Kobalt Neighbouring Rights (KNR) is looking for a detail oriented individual to become an integral part of a close knit and dedicated team responsible for the end to end royalty and accounting process within our rapidly growing Neighbouring Rights department.
This is a data-driven, office-based role that will require a hardworking, self-managing, detail-oriented and organized individual. It can be very repetitive and stressful at times, but it’s a fast-moving and challenging role that in return offers a career with a leading-edge company – ideal for someone tech-savvy interested in adding value to our processes as well as a keen problem solver not afraid of handling large data sets using Excel.
Part of the Kobalt Music Group, KNR offers a global service for artists and independent labels to collect their neighbouring rights income from the various relevant collecting societies around the world. KNR was set up in 2011 and has grown quickly to become one of the leading companies in this field.
KNR prides itself on its bespoke, robust service to clients, drawing on secondary data to test reporting by collecting societies and negotiating the complex distribution policies and qualifying criteria in order to maximise revenues to artists.
KNR represents, amongst others, Bruno Mars, Ellie Goulding, James Bay, Ariana Grande, Kygo, Pitbull, Icona Pop, Macklemore & Ryan Lewis, John Newman, Jess Glynne, and many more.
WHAT DOES A ROYALTY ASSISTANT AT KOBALT DO?
- Ensuring the timely receipt of incoming royalty statements and payments from our society partners
- Converting, importing and processing incoming statements
- Matching royalties accurately to our internal database
- Investigating royalty identification issues and initiating royalty queries with societies
- Assisting with the generation of royalty statements to our clients to strict deadlines
- Providing intelligent data analysis using Excel
WHAT SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE ARE WE LOOKING FOR?
- Excellent organisation skills
- Highly numerate
- Strong attention to detail
- IT literate (good understanding of Excel essential)
- Ability to work accurately, independently and under pressure to strict deadlines
- Proactive and positive approach to solving problems