Our Technical Supervisor will take an integral role in delivering the technical requirements of the student club events we hold with occasional involvement in hosting live music and up-&-coming acts at both the UEA LCR and the Waterfront. The role will have a key role in stage managing events and being the main venue representative, as well as the responsible person for safety during set up. Working with a team of other career staff members as well as a dedicated team of student staff, the post-holder will assist with load-in and out, ensure checklists are completed and that the team is working cohesively.
The role will be suited to an individual with good interpersonal and organisational skills as well as a passion for the technical side of stage management.
Key duties will include:
- To safely setup and pack away equipment, staging and anything else required for events, ensuring all spaces are safe for operation and cleared at the end of each event.
- To engineer live & club sound, lights and video as required.
- To assist in the planning, organisation and safe delivery of all the technical aspects of events from “load in” to “load out.”
- To assist the event Duty Manager in the operation of the venue during events.
- To assist with technical staffing and rota requirements.