Vevo is the world’s leading all-premium music video and entertainment platform with over 18 billion monthly views globally. Vevo brings a library of over 200,000 HD music videos, exclusive original programming and live concert performances to everyone on the planet who loves music both on-demand through vevo.com http://vevo.com/, the mobile web, apps for mobile/tablets and connected TVs, and on Vevo TV, an always-on broadcast-style linear music channel built by expert human programmers. It is VEVO’s massive scale and reach that has attracted more than 900 brand marketers around the globe since its launch.
Vevo is seeking a Senior Executive to lead the Creative Content & Programming team based in its London office. They will lead the team to foster and manage senior level industry relationships, deliver the global content strategy and create next-generation, multi-platform music programming.
This role directly reports to the Head of Europe and also requires a very close working relationship (“dotted line”) with VEVO US and specifically with the SVP, Creative Content & Programming. They will also become a crucial member of the Senior Executive Management Team of VEVO UK.
Specific responsibilities include:
· Leading and managing the development and delivery of content for Vevo UK
· Becoming a major ‘face of Vevo’ in the UK music industry
· Representing Vevo to artists, managers, labels and all related bodies and personnel
· Developing the Creative Content and Programming team, and the individuals within it, sustaining its leading reputation for content, events and audience development
It requires regular, accurate and timely reporting of all activities and the results they yield within the boundaries and responsibilities outlined below.
PRIOR EXPERIENCE AND ATTRIBUTES SHOULD INCLUDE
- Music leader: Exceptional skills in identifying and anticipating new bands and artists, both recorded and live, as well as music trends and developments to ensure Vevo UK is always at the cutting edge of music video and live entertainment. Building senior level industry relationships. Being the “gate keeper” for commercial deals to ensure all appropriately balance the needs of Vevo’s artists, audience and commercial partners.
- Natural leader and influencer: A natural leader who inspires, motivates and leads by example. Passionate and able to help a young team in an entrepreneurial environment within a fast-paced, dynamically changing industry. A level of knowledge of the music industry that inspires teams to think radically and achieve maximum performance in a market sometimes resistant to change.
- Strong communication skills: Able to articulate and portray the vision at all levels with partners, labels and internally. Passionate communicator who is able to energise people around goals and objectives. Open and direct communication style whilst being aware of different personality types. Comfortable operating in fluid environments despite the likelihood they will sometimes cause obstructions and barriers to successful completion of goals.
- An internal driver: Able to work with senior colleagues to ensure Vevo UK performs to its maximum at all times. Can help the Commercial Director drive revenue opportunities that are sympathetic to the mission and values of the company and create value for customers. Manage the relationship with Sales and Business Development sensitively and positively to ensure the best possible outcomes. Ensure the department is motivated positively to support the commercial efforts of the business.
- Delivery of milestones and strategic objectives
- Successful budget management
- Successful development and progression of all label relationships in the UK
- People management and creation of the necessary infrastructure to enable long-term success.
- Developing and improving the competences of the CC&P team
- Responsible for the efficient and effective working relationships between the CC&P team and all other teams
- Drive knowledge sharing in creating open communication and greater understanding of the rights management activities of Vevo
- Provide leadership and innovation to ensure continual business improvements
- Contribution to Senior Executive Management Team, Company strategy and Company meetings
- A passion for music beyond all others, and extensive experience within the industry
- Exceptional understanding of all music types and genres and their connection with their respective audiences.
- A passion for and connection to live music across all genres and venues
- Proven, in-depth experience with digital media and technology solutions
- Excellent editorial, verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Precise attention to detail and a methodical approach to organisation and meeting deadlines
- Strong sense of urgency and results orientation. Proactive executive who operates effectively with minimum direction and who takes strong initiative in pursuing goals.
- Hands-on personal style, high degree of comfort working in an entrepreneurial setting and being part of a team.
- Can-do orientation. Can manage a number of diverse activities ranging from conceptual stage to implementation. Enjoys settings where multiples initiatives are being deployed simultaneously.
- Forthright individual, up-front honest and direct. High integrity and strong work ethic.
- A self-starter who is dynamic and resilient, with the enthusiasm and determination to ensure that commitments are achieved.
- Flexible, yet decisive and able to work well with and through others.