UK indie band Alt-J are set to release new album Reduxer, a set of 11 reinterpretations of songs from their third album Relaxer.
The album will be released on September 28 via Infectious Music, and will feature collaborations from hip-hop artists including GoldLink, Lomepal, Kontra K, Rejjie Snow, Tuka, PJ Sin Suela, Little Simz and rap superstar Pusha T.
Alt-J explained: “It's no secret that we love and are influenced by hip-hop, and it's always been a dream of ours to work with hip-hop artists in reimagining our music. With Reduxer that dream has come true. We couldn't be happier with the results. This album is truly global, featuring rappers and producers from all over the world. After a very long time in the making, we are stoked to share it with you all.”
Reduxer acts as a follow-up to 2017’s Relaxer, which peaked at No.6 and was Mercury-nominated
Alongside the reworked album, Alt-J have announced a UK & Ireland autumn tour to commence this October, closing with a performance at London’s Royal Albert Hall.
The Reduxer tracklisting is as follows:
1. 3WW (feat. Little Simz) (OTG Version)
2. In Cold Blood (feat. Pusha T) (Twin Shadow Version)
3. House Of The Rising Sun (feat. Tuka) (Tuka Version)
4. Hit Me Like That Snare (Jimi Charles Moody Version)
5. Dead crush (feat. Danny Brown) (Alchemist x Trooko Version)
6. Adeline (feat. Paigey Cakey and Hex) (ADP Version)
7. Last Year (feat. GoldLink) (Terrace Martin Version)
8. Pleader (feat. PJ Sin Suela) (Trooko Version)
9. 3WW (feat. Lomepal) (Lomepal Version)
10. In Cold Blood (feat. Kontra K) (Kontra K Version)
11. Hit Me Like That Snare (feat. Rejjie Snow) (Rejjie Snow Version)
By Sophie Nevrkla