We are looking for a Business Development Lead to join our New Music License Development team on a 12 Month Fixed Term Contract. The role will be working from our Kings Cross office predominately with occasional working from Streatham and home-working where business needs allow.
PRS for Music Limited is the UK's leading collection society, bringing together two collection societies: the Mechanical-Copyright Protection Society and the Performing Right Society. We undertake collective rights management for musical works on behalf of over 140,000 members. We pay royalties to our members when their work is performed, broadcast, streamed, downloaded, reproduced, played in public or used in film and TV. We support them by influencing policy, supporting and hosting awards and events, and investing in new technology to ensure we’re fit for the digital music age.
About the Role
The Business Development Lead will be responsible for the management of two team members in delivering new music licensing opportunities, ensuring they are both fit for purpose in the market and operationally efficient.
The successful candidate will have proven negotiation skills and be comfortable building relationships with target licensees and their industry representatives. The candidate will lead the licence development process from beginning to end including market analysis and sizing, licence scoping and design, engagement and negotiation with licensee industries and seeking buy-in from internal stakeholders and committees on proposed approach.
You will achieve this by:
- Defining and delivering new mechanical licensing scheme structures and pricing mechanisms. This will ensure member revenue is delivered and maximised
- Carrying out extensive market research to justify scheme implementations or amendments and pricing changes supported by reasoned business cases
- Building complex financial models to forecast revenue from new and existing licensing opportunities
- Working in conjunction with wider licensing teams to prepare for and carry out relevant industry negotiations
- Constantly monitoring the music industry and our licensees’ industries to understand key developments that could impact business
- Preparing and building case materials in support of any Copyright Tribunal reference relating to these scheme developments (if required)
- Commission and managing external advisors and research projects when necessary
- Working with the Senior Business Development Manager to ensure high levels of engagement amongst the team and demonstrable commitment to the company values
Salary circa £48,000 per annum depending on experience
The successful candidate will have knowledge of relevant industries, music publishing and music rights, copyright law, MCPS & PRS for Music. You will have senior level negotiating skills with a proven track record of concluding agreements and previous product and/or license development experience. You will be highly analytical with the ability to understand, interpret and present complex data clearly and concisely to a differing audience and you will have an excellent understanding of all Microsoft Office software with a strong liking and ability for Excel and PowerPoint.
You will be a strategic thinker who can quickly understand the bigger picture. You will have proven business development experience in a fast-moving environment, and you will have excellent written and verbal communication skills with strong interpersonal skills with the ability to build lasting relationships. You will have strong organisation and prioritisation skills with the ability to manage workload across multiple workstreams at one time. You will also be target orientated, highly motivated and thrive in fast-paced environments.
The successful candidate must be degree level educated or have relevant equivalent experience and will have experience of successfully managing and developing a team of 1-4 direct reports
PRS for Music is a forward-thinking music copyright company with a focus on being the number one rights management company in the world.
We live by our values they are deeply ingrained in our company culture. We want to help you grow throughout your career, so we have plenty of development opportunities for you.
We run a number of well-being activities throughout the year and encourage flexible working and a relaxed dress code.
We also have a number of perks including roof terraces on both sites, regular live music events, subsidised cafes, corporate discounts including gym membership and home working.
Does this sound like you? If so, we would love to hear from you – either apply with your CV or send your CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org